Ergonomics can roughly be defined as the study of people in their working environment. More specifically, there are designs or modifications to the work to fit the worker, not the other way around. The goal is to eliminate discomfort and risk of injury due to work. In other words, the employee is the priority of the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Department in analyzing work.
EHS services include:
- Performing onsite evaluations of employees’ work.
- Recommending ways to minimize or control ergonomic stressors.
- Provide information about ergonomics.
- Provide consultation and assistance regarding work setup.
- Facilitate on-campus ergonomic training.
- Provide product evaluations.
Tools & Resources
- Awkward Posture
- Extreme Temperature Work
- Materials Handling
- Office Ergonomics Videos (for Yale affiliate use only)
- Reflective Vests
- Repetitive Motion
- Seated Workstations
- Sit/Stand Workstations
- Vehicle Loading Operations
- Workplace and Office Ergonomics Quiz
- Workstation Ergonomics
All Physical Safety Tools & Resources