Principal Investigators have responsibilities including registering work and training employees, ensuring proper use of personal protective equipment and adhering to occupational health requirements when working with hazardous biological materials. Principal Investigators are also required to complete and update their registration of work with potentially hazardous biological materials at least annually or whenever a significant change has occurred. Environmental Health and Safety staff can assist you with the required updates during the annual biological and chemical safety inspection of your laboratory.
- PI Biosafety Regulatory Update
- PI Orientation to Yale's Biological Safety Manual
All Biological Safety Training
- New Principal Investigator Questionnaire
- Biological General Registration and Update
- Researcher Competence Verification
All Biological Safety Forms