Receipts of radioactive materials or sources to Yale labs, whether a purchase, gratis shipment or sample transferred from one lab to another, must be pre-approved by Radiation Safety. Once a Principal Investigator’s Radioactive Materials Use Application has been approved by the Radiation Safety Committee, orders for radioactive materials or sources may be placed in SciQuest through Workday. All orders will be automatically routed through Radiation Safety for approval prior to processing. PI authorizations will be consulted to verify that the Isotope and Activity ordered are allowed by the authorizations granted to the ordering lab.
Please call 203-737-2118 with any questions related to the purchase of radioactive materials.
- Radiation Safety Basic Concepts: Part 1
- Applied Radiation Safety: Part II
- Sealed Sources Radiation Safety: Part I
- Sealed Sources Radiation Safety: Part II
- Radiation Safety Awareness Training
All Radiation Safety Training
- Radioactive Materials Use Application
- Radiation Monitoring Service Form & Guidelines
- Radioactive Material Sink Disposal Log
- Radioactive Material Use Log
All Radiation Safety Forms