- Emergency Protocols
- Policies & Procedures
- Forms & Tools
- EHS Programs
- Biological Safety
- Chemical Safety / Industrial Hygiene
- Radiation Safety
- Laboratory Safety
- Physical Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Building / Construction / Renovation
- Environmental Affairs
- Regulated Waste
- Research Materials Shipping
- Other Health & Safety
Yale's Research/Clinical Materials Shipping Program
Department of Transportation and International Civil Aviation Organization regulations require that anyone shipping research or clinical materials have an in-depth knowledge of the material being shipped. Because of this, administrative staff must not ship packages containing research or clinical materials. Laboratory and non-administrative clinical personnel are required to ship all research and/or clinical materials. The regulations also require that anyone involved in the shipping process have the appropriate training.
EHS and Traffic Receiving & Stores (TR&S) have worked together to develop a process to transport most research and/or clinical materials between Yale campuses (Science Hill, Medical School, West Campus and West Haven VA).
Yale's Express Shipping tool, eShipGlobal may now be used to:
- Ship research/clinical materials to another institution
- Receive research/clinical materials from another institution
- Have research/clinical materials transported between Yale campuses.
Research /clinical materials must not be transported on public transportation, including Yale and VA shuttles, or in personal vehicles, etc.
Below are upcoming 2013 training dates geared at highlighting several new enhancements to the eShipGlobal shipping process including the following:
- Restricted Party Screening (RPS) check for all shipments, both Domestic and International
- New International Shipping Requirement
- Intra-Campus Shipments of Research/Clinical Materials will now be delivered through Yale Traffic and Stores (TR&S).
Monday, November. 11th, 10:00am – 11:00am, West Campus Auditorium
Tuesday, November 12th, 2:00pm – 3:00pm, West Campus, Bldg. 800, Room 218
Tuesday, November 12th, 3:30pm – 4:30pm, BASS, Room 305
Wednesday, November 13th, 9:30am – 10:30am, BASS, Room 305
Friday, November 15th, 9:00am – 10:00am, TAC N107