Yale Environmental Health and Safety is working in partnership with Yale Health, the Office of Emergency Management, the Office of Facilities among others to help keep the Yale community healthy and safe. If you have questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-785-3550 so we may get a message to the appropriate EHS staff member to address your needs.
- Safer Yale Practices
- Mask Requirements and Guidance
- Physical Distancing Recommendations
- Occupancy Recommendations
- Campus and New Haven Venues Available for Events and Gatherings
- Planning Guidance for Health and Safety Leaders (HSLs), Administrators, and Unit Leaders
- COVID-19 Safety Officers
- Vehicle Use
- Tent Use
- Minors and Visiting Undergraduate Students Participating in Research and/or Clinical Activities
- Travel Outside of Connecticut
- Undergraduate Performance and Performing Arts
- Visitor Training Checklist for Hosts
- Service Providers and Sales Vendors
- Additional Registrations and Information
- Yale Resources
- External Resources and Materials
- Avoid tents with more than two sides.
- All tents and heating must meet building and fire codes.
- Please complete a Facilities Service Request to request a tent and provide a COA.
- Tents are not designed to withstand high winds and winter weather. Prior to installation, all tents must have a management plan based on the design (known wind rating and snow loading) which, at a minimum, identifies who is responsible for continuously monitoring the weather and who will remove the tent when required. This management plan must be provided to Facilities prior to installation.
- See Yale’s Events, Gatherings, and Meetings Guidance for more.
Travel Outside of Connecticut
- Safer COVID-19 Travel Practices
- COVID Travel Policy
- Best Practices for Off-Campus Alumni and Donor Events
Students: To notify or request permission from their Health and Safety Leader to travel, students must fill out a travel form:
- Undergraduate Students: Travel Authorization Form
- GSAS Students: Travel Notification Form
- Professional School Students: Travel Notification Form
Undergraduate Performance and Performing Arts
COVID safety guidelines have been established for undergraduate performing arts. Additionally, please see the Center for Colloborative Arts and Media’s COVID-19 Filmmaking Policies.
Service Providers and Sales Vendors
Vendors who are providing services on-site at Yale, or other groups coming to campus such as site inspectors or safety monitors, must agree to comply with Yale’s Visitor Policy.
Note: If any on-site duties are subcontracted, it is the employer’s responsibility to ensure subcontractors have appropriate training.
Additional Registrations and Information
- Registration to Work with COVID-19 Specimens
- Checklist for Unfixed Human Samples Post January 1, 2020
- Biosafety Precautions with Unfixed Human Materials Collected Post January 1, 2020
- Yale University Guidelines for Working Alone in a Laboratory
- Yale Health 24-Hour Hotline: 203-432-6604
- Yale University COVID-19 Information
- Yale Health
- Yale Health FAQs
- Yale Office of International Students and Scholars
- Yale Emergency Management
- Research, Clinical & Data Driven Responses to COVID-19