Yale Environmental Health and Safety is working in partnership with Yale Health, the Office of Emergency Management, the Office of Facilities among others to help keep the Yale community healthy and safe. Please see our list of FAQs as well as the University’s COVID-19 Information Page for more information. If you have questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-785-3550 so we may get a message to the appropriate EHS staff member to address your needs.
Research Reactivation-Phases 1-2
- Research Reactivation-Phase 1 Information for PIs and Faculty
- Research Reactivation-Phase 2 Information for PIs and Faculty
- Research Reactivation-Phases 1-2 Information for PIs and All Lab Members
- Research Reactivation Registration in EHS Integrator (must be on Yale network or VPN)
- Research Reactiviation Registration-Demo Video
- Expectations for Working in Research Labs
- Research Reactivation Phases
- Laboratory Ramp Up Checklist
- Yale University Guidelines for Working Alone in a Laboratory
Face Coverings/Masks/Respiratory Protection
Note: Information on the distribution of face coverings for students returning for the fall semester will be available soon.
- For Researchers: Face Coverings, Surgical Masks, and Respirators Fact Sheet
- Use and Care of Face Coverings in Public Settings
- Face Mask Reprocessing/Reuse Guidelines
- Powered Air Purifying Respirators (PAPRS)
- Face Covering Ordering Information
- Phase 1 Research Reactivation: An Illusrated Summary (YSM Video)
- How to Safely Wear and Take Off a Cloth Face Covering (CDC)
- How to Properly Put on and Take Off a Disposable Respirator (CDC)
- Proper Surgical Mask Removal Technique (Video)
PPE Suppliers in Workday/SciQuest
Click here for a list and contacts of PPE suppliers available in Workday/SciQuest.
Click here for information on glove use during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Cleaning and Disinfection of Public Areas, Offices and Workplaces on Campus
- Cleaning and Disinfection of Laboratories on Campus
- For Facilities/Custodial/Outside Vendors: Proper Disinfection of Areas with Confirmed/Suspected Cases of COVID-19
- Cleaning Computers and Electronics for All Users
- Restricted Entry Sign for Areas to be Cleaned
- Helpful Video from Dartmouth about Lab Disinfection
Additional Registrations and Information
- Registration to Work with COVID-19 Specimens
- Application Checklist for Labs Requesting to Perform COVID-19 Related Research
- Biosafety Precautions with Clinical Specimens due to COVID-19
- Staying Safe and Healthy While Working from Home
- Quick Start Procedures for 3M Versaflo (Video)
- Yale Laboratory Ramp-Down Checklist
Requirements for Physical Distancing and Minimizing Face-to-Face Contact
Click here for requirements of the State of CT and Yale University.
Departmental Return to Work Checklist (Non-Researcher)
Faculty and staff (non-researcher) can click here for requirements of the State of CT and Yale University.
Undergraduate Instructional Labs
Click here for EHS guidance for in-person undergraduate instructional labs.
Click here for COVID-19 related posters/signs via Yale Printing & Publishing Services.
COVID-19 Safety Officers
Click here to find your departmental COVID-19 Safety Officer.
Pilot COVID-19 Screening Program
Yale is providing free viral testing for all faculty, staff, and graduate and professional students who will be on campus for the fall semester. For testing requirements for different groups, please review the COVID-19 testing policies found on the Health & Safety Guidelines page.
Service Providers and Sales Vendors
Yale strongly discourages any vendor sales representatives from visiting campus.
All vendors performing service on-site at Yale must agree to comply with Yale’s Vendor Site Access requirements. Among other procedures described in the requirements, all vendors will be required to check in via Yale’s contractor/vendor daily check-in application upon arrival to campus.
Note: If any on-site duties are subcontracted, it is the employer’s responsibility to ensure subcontractors have appropriate training.
For research-related information on service providers, visit research.yale.edu.
- Yale Health 24-Hour Hotline: 203-432-6604
- Yale University COVID-19 Information
- Continuity of Critical Research at Yale-FAQs
- Yale Health
- Yale Health FAQs
- Yale Office of International Students and Scholars
- Yale Emergency Management
- Yale Announcements About COVID-19
- Research Continuity Guidance for Laboratories and Research Facilities (Scott Strobel, Provost)
- Research, Clinical & Data Driven Responses to COVID-19
- CDC: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC: Frequently Asked Questions
- CDC: Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools and Homes
- CDC: Proper N95 Respirator Use for Respiratory Protection Preparedness
- CDC Webinar: What clinicians need to know to prepare for COVID-19 in the U.S.
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak