Yale Environmental Health and Safety is working in partnership with Yale Health, the Office of Emergency Management, the Office of Facilities among others to help keep the Yale community healthy and safe. If you have questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com or 203-785-3550 so we may get a message to the appropriate EHS staff member to address your needs.
- Safe Campus Practices
- Requirements for Physical Distancing
- Occupancy Requirements and Limits
- Face Coverings/Masks/Respiratory Protection
- PPE Distribution
- Planning Guidance for Health and Safety Leaders (HSLs), Administrators, and Unit Leaders
- COVID-19 Safety Officers
- Vehicle Use
- Minors and Visiting Undergraduate Students Participating in Research and/or Clinical Activities
- Student Travel Outside of Connecticut
- Service Providers and Sales Vendors
- Additional Registrations and Information
- Yale Resources
- External Resources and Materials
Safe Campus Practices
Review Safe Campus Practices for information on a variety of topics that are peripheral to our academic and operational policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Requirements for Physical Distancing
Review Requirements for Physical Distancing for requirements.
Occupancy Requirements and Limits
Review Occupancy Requirements and Limits for campus spaces.
Face Coverings/Masks/Respiratory Protection
- Mask Guidance
- For Researchers: Face Coverings, Surgical Masks, and Respirators Fact Sheet
- Use and Care of Face Coverings in Public Settings
- Obtaining Returning to Yale Kits
- How to Safely Wear and Take Off a Cloth Face Covering (CDC)
Planning Guidance for Health and Safety Leaders (HSLs), Administrators, and Unit Leaders
Prior State of Connecticut sector rules for COVID expired on May 19, 2021. Connecticut Department of Public Health offered replacement guidance, aligned with CDC guidance on health and safety measures appropriate for office use. Please see Planning Guidance for Health and Safety Leaders (HSLs), Administrators, and Unit Leaders for more information.
COVID-19 Safety Officers
COVID-19 Safety Officers are responsible for safety compliance in your department and may field requests for information and potentially adjudicate concerns or complaints about faculty/trainees/staff who are non-compliant with safety guidelines. See a list of COVID-19 Safety Officers.
Review information on Vehicle Use During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Minors and Visiting Undergraduate Students Participating in Research and/or Clinical Activities
Student Travel Outside of Connecticut
To notify or request permission from their Health and Safety Leader to travel, students must fill out a travel form:
- Undergraduate Students: Travel Authorization Form
- GSAS Students: Travel Notification Form
- Professional School Students: Travel Notification Form
All faculty, staff, and students returning to campus are required to complete online training. This requirement includes faculty and staff who are not authorized to work on campus but need to come to campus for any reason. Find your training Yale’s COVID-19 website.
See Signage and Digital Assets available via Yale Printing & Publishing Services.
Service Providers and Sales Vendors
Vendors who are providing services on-site at Yale, or other groups coming to campus such as site inspectors or safety monitors, must agree to comply with Yale’s Visitor Policy.
Note: If any on-site duties are subcontracted, it is the employer’s responsibility to ensure subcontractors have appropriate training.
Additional Registrations and Information
- Registration to Work with COVID-19 Specimens
- Checklist for Unfixed Human Samples Post January 1, 2020
- Biosafety Precautions with Unfixed Human Materials Collected Post January 1, 2020
- Staying Safe and Healthy While Working from Home
- Yale University Guidelines for Working Alone in a Laboratory
- Yale Health 24-Hour Hotline: 203-432-6604
- Yale University COVID-19 Information
- Yale Health
- Yale Health FAQs
- Yale Office of International Students and Scholars
- Yale Emergency Management
- Research, Clinical & Data Driven Responses to COVID-19
External Resources and Materials
- CDC: Frequently Asked Questions
- CDC: Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility
- Stop the Spread of Germs (CDC)
- Don’t Spread Germs at Work (CDC)
- Proper Handwashing Video (CDC)