The Office of Environmental Health and Safety is a resource of highly-trained safety professionals who serve the Yale community. We are dedicated to reducing injuries, accidents and environmental impact and ensuring compliance. We achieve this by providing high-quality training, comprehensive workplace evaluation, emergency response, hazardous materials management from acquisition to disposal and by managing regulatory information.
…is a partnership with students, faculty and staff who are aware of risks and are empowered to learn, discover and work in a manner that protects human health and the environment.
- Exert leadership based on our ethical obligation to protect people and the environment.
- Strive to be honest, fair and consistent.
- Be prudent stewards of Yale’s resources.
- Foster cooperation and collaboration.
- Encourage and support the professional growth of all Environmental Health and Safety employees.
- Serve as Yale’s health and safety advisors.
- Provide high quality and easy-to-use services in a timely manner.
- Continuously improve our services and processes.
- Implement innovative safety solutions.
- Promote safety as everyone’s responsibility.
- Possess and encourage a positive outlook.
- Maintain a strong work ethic by keeping our word and taking responsibility for our work and actions.
- Little things matter to us.
- Be open to everyone’s ideas and opinions.
- Understand the needs and situations of others.
- Treat all individuals equitably, professionally and with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- Strive to make our policies, procedures and training accessible and understandable.
We proudly support Yale’s mission: To create, preserve and disseminate knowledge.