While the goal of Environmental Health and Safety is to keep the Yale community safe, accidents do happen. And when they do, we need to learn from them to help ensure they do not happen again.
Click the links below to read about incidents that have occurred, how they were handled and how they can be prevented in the future.
- Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs)
- Safe Use of Disc Sanders
- Proper Trash Removal
- Most Common Sharps Injuries
- Storing Samples in Liquid Nitrogen Dewar
- Liquid Nitrogen Dewar Valve Failure
- Pneumatic Nailers and Staplers
- Safe Disposal of Waste Containing Nitric Acid
- Inappropriate Footwear in Labs
- When Something Falls