EHS follows federal, state and local requirements for the disposal of wastes designated as biomedical or infectious by the State of Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection. Although the designation of infectious wastes remains the same based on your campus location, disposal of non-infectious laboratory waste in your area may vary. Review the Biomedical Waste Management Guide for more information. If you are unsure of the designation of your location, please contact Environmental Affairs at 203-432-6545.
Request a biomedical waste pickup.
- Biomedical Waste DOT
- Laboratory Waste Disposal Tool
- Laboratory Waste Disposal
All Regulated Waste Training
Tools & Resources
- Biomedical Waste Cart and Supply Locations-Medical School
- Biomedical Waste Chart-Medical School
- Biomedical Waste Chart-Science Hill/Central Campus/West Campus
- Laboratory Waste Essential Practices (Video)
- Needlebox Disposal (Poster)
- Put Waste In Its Place (Poster)
- Stericycle Box Closure Instructions
All Regulated Waste Tools & Resources