Can I take my radioactive material to another facility outside Yale University?

After completing the necessary regulatory requirements, radioactive material may be shipped from Yale. There are very specific regulations about the transport of radioactive material on public streets. Radioactive material may not be taken on the Yale shuttles or in personal vehicles. Arrangements for the shipment of radioactive material in certified shipping containers and by approved carriers may be made by contacting Radiation Safety. Because special HazMat training is required for all shippers of radioactive material, Radiation Safety personnel will assist you in completing the necessary shipping papers for transport of radioactive material outside of Yale University.